Reports to: Vice President of Finance + Operations – National
Start Date: July 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Filled By: June 2017
In 1970, 6% of students from low-income communities completed college. Today, that number is a mere 9%. Anchored in this belief, we have one goal: college graduation. Period. At OneGoal, we believe we must move the needle on this most critical challenge facing our nation especially given it is solvable. We believe all students have what it takes to earn a college degree, and should have a real opportunity to fulfill their potential. Our Senior Director of IT will join a national movement changing the trajectory for our country’s most underserved youth during a unique window in time:
- By 2017, OneGoal will serve more than 9,300 students (“OneGoal Fellows”) in 180 schools in six states across our country.
- OneGoal’s teacher-led, in-school, three-year college access and success model is reversing the odds. While nationwide, only 9% of kids in low-income communities graduate from college, 82% of OneGoal Fellows enroll in college and 78% are persisting or have graduated from college.
- Since 2013, OneGoal has grown in staff size by an average of 50% and with over 100 staff members, is embarking on “Phase III” of our growth stage, anticipating additional growth to new regions.
You believe – and your work has demonstrated your belief – that all students can earn a college degree and the life that comes with it. The Senior Director of IT is a member of the Finance + Operations team, which is responsible for strengthening the administrative backbone necessary for OneGoal to achieve its aspirations across the operations, IT, finance and accounting functions in this next phase of growth.
As the Senior Director of IT, your mission is to oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organization, working closely with staff to assess and address user needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading organization-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. We need a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up his/her/their sleeves and working with the team to achieve goals. To that end, the key functions of this role include:
- Build enduring systems and solutions through the development of a comprehensive IT vision and multi-year strategy
- In partnership with the IT Manager, revisit and revise the multi-year vision for our IT infrastructure and regularly evolve our strategy to reflect the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization
- Partner with senior leadership across regional and national teams to identify, prioritize, and support IT-related projects across the organization and regularly communicate progress to senior leadership team
- Lead the creation of the National IT budget annually, while providing spending guidance to regions for all IT support and hardware needs
- Cultivate and leverage key external vendors as necessary to reach all outcomes
- Invest all OneGoal staff in IT systems, structures and policies as needed
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders on shared priorities and where applicable, aligning technology needs with Salesforce
- Execute (directly and through management of IT staff) on core IT-related work streams:
- Provide exceptional Help Desk support which includes:
- Alongside the Manager of IT, provide first-level IT support for all staff through the online Help Desk platform, Samanage. Tasks include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Conduct analysis on support requests on a quarterly basis to inform strategic priorities
- Design and monitor success metrics around Help Desk service and support
- Implement and monitor data security measures:
- Implement and manage a robust data compliance plan to include comprehensive disaster recovery and business continuity procedures as well as staff training and investment
- Lead the establishment of comprehensive data security controls and provide oversight necessary to ensure compliance across teams
- Manage and upgrade IT infrastructure:
- Provide oversight and guidance on systems and equipment purchases as well as systems to maintain them, including monitoring internal cloud servers, refining hardware and software policies and asset tracking
- Deliver on IT strategic projects:
- Design communication and project structures to support regional and functional teams to meet IT-related strategic priorities and provide sound partnership (project examples include the development of a personalized learning platform, assessment of predictive analytics model software, preparing infrastructure for new financial system and supporting office relocations)
- Execute on strategic projects in close partnership with end users
- Manage, coach and develop the IT team (currently 2 staff members including this role)
- Effectively manage, coach, develop and strategically thought partner to support the Manager of IT to:
- Establish and execute the shared IT vision and priorities that set up the organization to have the systems and infrastructure necessary for continued growth
- Operate an effective and responsive Help Desk by which all staff members get the IT support they need to do their best work everyday
- Champion, foster and embed an inclusive and unbiased approach into all management and coaching
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Proven experience as Director of IT or similar role with management experience in an IT environment (Required)
- Strong technical experience including management of G-Suite, Office365, Salesforce or CRM administrator experience as well as server and network management (Preferred)
- Previous experience in the communities we serve in the nonprofit or education field (Preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to virtually manage and influence teams and individuals across multiple regions to meet specific and strategic outcomes (Preferred)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills (Preferred)
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 100 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which provides individual professional development funds, retirement matching, generous paid vacation time and sick time off, a culture that supports sustainable work habits, and an Annual Staff Retreat.
You Believe in People and are Committed to Equity and Inclusion.
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
THROW YOUR HAT IN THE RING
Explore our website to learn more and apply by following the link below.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.