The Vice President of Finance + Operations will be responsible for strengthening the administrative backbone necessary for OneGoal to achieve its aspirations in this next phase of growth and impact. The Vice President will have purview over the following core administrative functions:
- Finance: finance, accounting, and controllership
- Operations: real estate, materials and equipment, operational policies and procedures
- Legal: enterprise risk management, compliance, business insurance
- IT: Help Desk support, IT systems and infrastructure, IT security, strategic projects, end-user support
These functions were established as part of our last strategic plan which saw the organization grow and evolve from a local to a national organization. Our new strategic plan requires the next level of evolution as we enter our next phase of strategic growth. We are seeking a leader who will directly lead on the evolution and execution of the finance function and to provide oversight to team members leading on the operational functions.
A successful Vice President of Finance + Operations will:
- Directly lead the evolution and execution of the finance function:
- Revise our financial strategy, systems and structures, including revisiting our comprehensive economic model (including expense cost structure, revenue strategy, and reserve policy)
- Establish financial controls and oversight necessary to ensure compliance
- Lead and conduct financial analysis that supports team leaders in executing their strategic priorities
- Manage the execution of the finance and accounting work, including monthly close, internal and board reporting, annual audit, grant reporting, financial forecasting and analysis, etc.
- Provide oversight and guidance to staff who lead the operations, IT, and legal functions which includes:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) strategy (including compliance, security insurance, emergency preparedness, legal counsel, policies and procedures)
- Develop and execute a comprehensive multi-year IT strategy (including IT security, strategic projects, infrastructure, Help Desk)
- Enhance and execute real estate and materials and equipment policies and procedures
- Communicate and invest internal and external partners in the work:
- Establish an integrated team charge and set of priorities that undergirds each of the subteam plans
- Integrate the finance and admin team into the day-to-day workings of the organization through collaboration and partnership with other team leads
- Invest all OneGoal staff in systems, structures and policies necessary to build the administrative infrastructure through regular communication, ongoing training and support, and cross-team collaboration (particularly with Human Assets, Data Solutions, and Development)
- Leverage key external partners (IT vendors, insurance brokers, legal counsel, auditors, etc) necessary to reach outcomes
- Hire and lead a high-performing team:
- Ensure high-performing team members are both developed and retained
- Cultivate and sustain a strong team culture
- Champion, foster and embed an inclusive and unbiased approach into all management and coaching
- Serve on the organization’s leadership team
Though the Vice President of Finance + Operations is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
- You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from college.
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers to college graduation, and that empowering their families, their teachers and them to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
- You mobilize people around a shared vision.
- You inspire people to want to fulfill a powerful, collective vision.
- You strategically identify and analyze key stakeholders and extend your reach and impact by deputizing them to join your cause.
- You are a systems-thinker.
- You are wired as a systems-level thinker, which means you identify opportunities for improvement and you leverage your analytical and problem-solving skills to develop processes and create systems that lead to better outcomes.
- Your ‘northstar’ is excellence.
- The teams you have led are known for consistently setting and hitting ambitious goals because you execute with precision and deliver with pride. People from all walks of life want you to be their manager because they know you care about them professionally and personally and they know the work will be engaging.
- You challenge your staff to get to the next level, engage in productive thought partnership, provide sound coaching and support, and hold them accountable for results.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required), MBA (Preferred)
- Significant experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in a non-profit environment (Required)
- Experience in operational domains including IT, risk management, compliance and real estate, ideally in non-profit environment (Preferred)
- Experience leading teams to ambitious outcomes (Required)
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 100 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which provides individual professional development funds, retirement matching, generous paid vacation time and sick time off, a culture that supports sustainable work habits, and an Annual Staff Retreat.
You Believe in People and are Committed to Equity and Inclusion.
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
THROW YOUR HAT IN THE RING
Explore our website to learn more and apply by following the link below.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.